Recipe | Steamed Fowey Mussels
with West Country Cider, Spring Onions and Cream
Fresh hand dived Fowey mussels are in season all year round, so now any time is a great time to enjoy this local, completely sustainable, taste of the sea. Quick and easy to prepare, this recipe works as both a comforting bowl on a cold night, or paired with a chilled glass of wine for an early spring time al fresco lunch.
What you need…
Knob of butter
Hand full of parsley
Sprig of time
Bottles of Cider – any you like but West is best!
Garlic to taste (crushed)
Tub of Cream
Wash and remove the beards from the mussels, making sure to remove any grit and sand. If any of the Mussels are open, tap them on the kitchen work top and see if they close. If they don’t close discard them.
- Melt the butter in a large pan, or wok if you prefer, add the crushed garlic and spring onions and sauté for about a minute
- Add your cider – A local Cornish cider is good, but choose to taste
- Add fresh herbs, we like a bit of thyme and parsley
- Pour in the cream, stir and cover for a few minutes or until the shells have opened.
- Ladle into some large bowls, serve with chunky bread and enjoy!
Certificate Of Excellence 2017
Stay Longer, Save More
Fathers Day June 17th 2018
We Are Recruiting!